Seven Reasons Why My Customers Like Ikea Cabinets
- The cabinets are super strong. The Ikea “Sektion” cabinet system is well thought out, and thoroughly standardized. All the cabinets have the same assembly process, so even though they come delivered in a flat pack, they go together in a rational and uniform way that is foolproof.
- Drawers and doors come with standard “soft close” hinges, which with other brands is an substantial extra charge. These are Blum hinges, considered the best in the world. The drawers also come with full extension slides.
- They come with a 25 year warranty. Because all of the cabinets use essentially the same box, and only the doors are different, replacement should be easy if needed.
- The cabinets are built with ¾ inch MDF (medium density fiberboard), rather than the thinner 5/8 inch or ½ inch thickness of big box cabinets. This is the same quality MDF used by the German prestige cabinetmakers “Poggenpohl” and “Bulthaup” .
- Cabinets are generally in stock, and can be picked up or delivered within days. Cabinets from other cabinet makers generally take from 4 to 6 weeks to be delivered, and if there is a mistake, it can take 3 weeks or more to get the correct cabinet.
- Since all cabinets utilize the same basic box, doors can readily be replaced, even many years after the original installation.
- A fulsome line of accessories is offered, such as spice inserts, lazy Suzans, pull-out shelves, recycling bins, drawer organizers, etc. Panels to match the drawer fronts are available to cover dishwashers and refrigerators.